Fundamentals of yin yoga in six classes
Time & Location
About The Event
This series of six 1hr classes is designed as an introduction to yin yoga and yang flows. Buy the recordings to keep and practice at home or join a small group of students so you get more individualised attention. Each class has a different body part focus so you can build up your knowledge of yin yoga poses and the physical and mental benefits of each series.
- Class 1 - Hips and Thighs. Learn how to stretch and release deep held tension from these areas. (live class 20th Feb)
- Class 2 - Shoulders. Here we focus on the delicate shoulder and neck area, relieving tightness and freeing up movement. (live class 27th Feb)
- Class 3 - Back Flexibility. Find out how gentle forward and relaxed back bends can help keep your spine healthy. (live class date tbc)
- Class 4 - Lateral Stretches. Explore side bends and openings to support healthy organ function. (live class date tbc)
- Class 5 - Inversions. Try out gentle inversions help remove toxins and can be surprisingly relaxing. (live class date tbc)
- Class 6 - Relax and Release. Follow the full body relaxation sequence from toes to crown, a great way to prepare your body for a restful sleep. (live class date tbc)
All classes include a 10minute guided relaxation.
Yin yoga is a unique combination of low slow gentle shapes held for a few minutes and soft flows to remove blockages. Different poses work on a physical, emotional and energetic level. A combination of yoga, tai chi and meridian theory.
Each class includes talks, inspirational readings and links to books or articles. I will explain the sequence and which meridians, target areas and benefits it offers, so you can begin to build your own practice at home. You will also receive a recording of the classes so you can replay or download them to catch up if you miss any and keep the recording for future use.
Join live on selected Saturdays from 2- 3pm or be sent a recording to keep.
- Six class introduction to yin£30£300£0
- Single class booking£5£50£0
- Access class recording£5£50£0