Sat, 23 Mar|
The Studio Room
Silent Yin Practice
Make the yin practice your own, by going deep and exploring how and where you want to feel a pose.
Time & Location
23 Mar 2019, 17:30 – 19:30
The Studio Room, Carshalton
About The Event
What is silent yin?
An opportunity to make the yin practice your own, by going deep into exploring how and where you want to feel a pose. The suggested sequence is offered for you to follow in your own way. A bell will sound at regular intervals for you to move on to the next pose in the sequence. The teacher’s role is to demonstrate the sequence with you, assisting only if needed. Gentle music is played throughout.
There will be three parts to the practice
- Grounding, breathing and gentle stretches
- Sequence of floor based poses and rebounds held for 4 minutes each
- Yoga nidra, relaxation and re-incorporation
1. You are in charge of your practice, back off, go deeper, come out, try different variations.
2. Don’t rush into or out of the poses, there is plenty of time, even once the bell sounds.
3. Lie back to feel the rebound throughout the practice, notice chi flow whenever it feels right, between or even during poses.
4. Allow your attention to keep returning inside – where do you feel the stretch, the opening, the tension?
Maximum of just three people.
Wear lose clothing and bring bolsters and blanket if you want to use them.
Workshops take place at a small cosy studio room over looking treetops. Mats are available. Held once a month, join our mailing list to be kept up to date with the next event
The Studio Room in Carshalton is located in a quiet residential area. Free parking and short 15 min walk from Carshalton Station. Details provided on booking.
Suggested donation: £10.00
Website subscriber price
Subscribe from the home page or Contact button to get your discount!